Join our mailing list >>
Download our latest newsletter>>
Reflections on 20 years
It was in late 1992 when the liquor license was obtained and the tasting shed started to operate on weekends and by appointment only. Ron and Janet continued to work in other winery jobs while building up their brand and portfolio of wines. Only a few years later, when they were getting busier with wine sales, Ron and Janet took on the challenge of managing their own business full-time. Their love of wine continues as does their passion for hospitable service.
Over that time some Ron and Janet's fondest memories include:
- Rolling the barrels into the shed creating the rustic bar atmosphere that is still enjoyed today
- Barossa Wine Show Trophy for Ron's first Riesling Traminer blend dedicated to his dear mother Lorna as it was her favourite style to drink
- Producing their first single vineyard Shiraz and Cabernet
- Ron winning the Barossa Vintage Festival grape reading trophy three years in a row
- Planting the first vineyards for their own label - including Merlot, Tempranillo, Petit Verdot, Muscat, Red Frontignac and bush vine Grenache
- Decade of Darkie Shiraz Dinner
- Business trips to Europe and China meeting export agents and winning over new customers
- Bottling the port that has been blissfully ageing under the bar all this time which will soon be released for this special anniversary
Liebich Drunken Fruit Jars
"The specialties that drew us to this winery were particularly good peaches and pears steeped in luscious white wine" extract from the
first Farmgate SA book, launched in 2011 by two passionate local foodies who raved about a visit to our cellar door. Chef Chris
Stephan and food writer Dianne Mattsson have published a comprehensive directory to regional producers who sell at the farm gate and it is
wise to keep one handy when travelling around South Australia.
Download all the review details here>>
Fortified Frontignac 5 Year
A panel of winemakers, wine writers and sommeliers got together for The Adelaide Review Hot 100 in August 2011. Over 2,600 wines from all over South Australia were considered and these were whittled down to the top drops of which the Liebich 5 Year Frontignac was in that exclusive group.
In the words of one judge "High toned supremely attractive aromatic profile with toffee apple, caramel and candied nuts. The palate is airy with lightness and freshness among the sweet viscosity."
LiebichWein Cellar Dinners
Enjoy this unique experience of Janet's (or a guest chef) home cooked fare, and LiebichWein museum release wines. Dinners for up to 12 people in the cellar of the LiebichWein home. Perfect for showcasing the full Barossa gourmet experience. By apppointment only.
Enquire now >>